JetBlue Airways Corporation announced on Jan 11, 2017, the extension of their Fly-Fi Internet system, introduced in December 2013 on a single aircraft.
All the team is enthusiastic to inform that they had created a homie Internet experience on the air, on the entire fleet of almost 230 aircraft. “It’s 2017 and our customers expect to be connected everywhere, whether that be from the comfort of their sofa or 35,000 feet above it”, said Jamie Perry, vice president of marketing at JetBlue. “That’s why we’re so proud that JetBlue is now the only airline to offer free, high-speed Wi-Fi, live TV and movies for all customers on every plane.” (http://mediaroom.jetblue.com/investor-relations/press-releases/2017/01-11-2017-140136223)
So what’s different than other airlines that offer their customers the possibility to access the Internet, free or at an additional fee? The hole “gate-to-gate connectivity” idea: while in most of the aircraft you cannot connect to the Internet before reaching the cruising altitude, JetBlue’s travelers may stay connected from the moment they board until they land (from the departure gate to the arrival gate). What can you do to have the ultimate Internet experience at 35,000 feet?
- Surf the Internet, send emails, be active on social media channels, do your shopping, and stream.
- Watch a free movie – service available on the entire fleet.
- Choose your favorite channel from a selected 36 channels of free DIRECTV – available on all E190s and A320s.
- Choose your favorite channel from a selected 100+ channels of free DIRECTV – available on all A321s.
- Choose your favorite channel from a selected 100+ channels of free SiriusXM Radio – available at every seat.
- You can access The Hub – with or without Fly-Fi – for more TV shows, music, videos, books, or other content.
- Stream from Amazon Video. If you shop on Amazon.com, you will learn 3 TrueBlue points for every eligible dollar spent.